Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Crocked or Cracked?

Pardon that dorky title. I don't know WHERE that came from.

Crock pot meals....Hmmmmm. This one was hard for me. I usually have all the best intentions, but just can't seem to get organized enough to start a meal at least 5 - 8 hours before I need it.

HOWEVER, if I do...I use this one. I don't do it in a crock, but I imagine you could.

Four Hour Stew

3 lbs lean stew meat 2 Tbsp tapioca
3 cups carrot chunks salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chopped celery 1 can beef broth (soup can sized)
1 onion, thinly sliced 1 can cream of celery or cream of
4 – 5 potatoes, cut in chunks mushroom soup
1 Tbsp sugar

Do NOT brown the meat. Layer vegetables in heavy 5 qt dutch oven or roasting pan; Potatoes, carrots, celery, onion. Top with meat. Sprinkle with sugar, tapioca, salt, pepper and any other seasonings you enjoy. Mix broth and soup together with a wisk and pour over the stew. Cover and bake at 275 degrees for 4 hours. Don’t uncover to check it! It lets the steam escape. Serve with corn bread or biscuits! Makes enough for 6 people. I've got a BIIIiiiiig family.

No comments: