Saturday, May 12, 2007

Cool stuff for Mommy's Day

HARK ~ Mother's Day approacheth.

A wonderful morning of Oooo-ing and Aaaah-ing over handmade gifts and cards from my kiddos.
A morning of Praising God that I have them in my life. There was a time I would spend this holiday crying because, once again, there was no one to call me "Mother". I couldn't get pregnant. Month after month, heartbreak after heartbreak. I wondered if it would ever happen.

Of COURSE it happened. In HIS timing!

Here's a couple of great quotes from the Joke-Of-The-Day dot com;

At work, you think of the children you have left at home. At home, you think of the work you've left unfinished. Such a struggle is unleashed within yourself. Your heart is rent.
- Golda Meir
CAN I JUST SAY AMEN HERE??

If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much.
-Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
PLEASE GOD, don't let me bungle raising my children!!

The Mother's Curse

"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you....Then you'll see what it's like!"

I did. This thing WORKS, Ya'll!! Kinda scary.

But another thing I've discovered...When the kids start turning out "just like me", I start becoming my mother. "When you get to be my age, you will understand."

When she was my age, she went through the same "mellowing" phase. (NO it wasn't menopause) For some reason, around forty, we both learned to pick our battles; to not sweat the small stuff; we realized what's important and what ain't.

And something else interesting I found that I wanted to share with you was this article from Christian Woman Magazine. She writes about what it's like on Mother's Day if your mother wasn't quite June Cleaver - It touched my heart.

God bless your weekend. I'm gonna be out havin' fun with MG and the kiddos are going to Gramma's for the weekend.

No comments: