Saturday, April 28, 2007

I am blessed - P.S. 16

Oh Goodness! 16 weeks already. Time is sure flying by...

I was really enthusiastic about this weeks' chapter because it is definitely a PRAISE psalm. I went to Gateway.com again and just HAD to post the Message translation here for you to read. For those of you who are "only King James", I apologize. And I must admit, being raised on King James, I take other translations with a grain of salt. But that doesn't mean they can't bless my heart, Ya'll!!


Psalm 16
A David Song
1-2 Keep me safe, O God, I've run for dear life to you. I say to God, "Be my Lord!"
Without you, nothing makes sense.
3 And these God-chosen lives all around—what splendid friends they make!
4 Don't just go shopping for a god. Gods are not for sale.
I swear I'll never treat god-names like brand-names.
5-6 My choice is you, God, first and only. And now I find I'm your choice!
You set me up with a house and yard. And then you made me your heir!
7-8 The wise counsel God gives when I'm awake is confirmed by my sleeping heart.
Day and night I'll stick with God; I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.
9-10 I'm happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed.
You canceled my ticket to hell— that's not my destination!
11 Now you've got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of your face.
Ever since you took my hand, I'm on the right way.
Reading this passage makes me smile, then laugh out loud. I just wanna jump up at the end, punch my fist into the air and shout "YESSSS!!"
Verse 3 touched my heart this week. "And these God-chosen lives all around—what splendid friends they make!" I am so very blessed. And I realize it every day. I have Godly parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. MG is my daily encourager and I cheer him on, as well. My children know God and talk about Him often. I have many wise counselors in the community who have become my friends. My blogworld buddies who so lovingly support, comment and pray are just incredible people. I am honored to have "met" such wonderful people; Erica, Connie, Heather, Heather, Megan, Kathryn, and those like Chili, A.M., Laurel, Boomama and Big Mama who have so many commentors they probably don't even know my name...but they touch me just the same. (Oooo, I made a rhyme!)
There are so many people I can go to if I have a challenge, need to talk something through or am questioning. There have been times in my life when I felt "alone" but looking back, that feeling was of my own making; when I CHOSE not to reach out and grab hold of one of those earthly hands of strength God has provided for me.
He knows me. My Father knows me better than anyone. He knows I could not make it without tangible friends to hold on to when times get tough. He knows that every once in awhile I need someone to "point me" in the right direction. I need someone to remind me to look up when the going gets tough.
Just wanted to share a little story here. Last week, my suburban was vandalized. Came outside in the morning to drive the kids to school and found it sitting on the rims. All four tires stabbed with a knife in the sidewall (of course) where it can't be repaired. And it's a 4 WD. Yah. I was MUCH less than happy. In fact, I was down right cranky!
Turns out, I wasn't the ONLY one in town this had happened to. Including the shool lunch van and some graffiti on the high school and middle school.
Now you might expect something like this in Big city. Or even Larger Town. But in Podunk Itty Bitty Backwoods Crossroads Oregon? No way!
So while I was all cranky about it, MG says, "Honey, don't worry. I have a peace that God will handle this. He's going to work it out."
WELLLL, I didn't receive it real well. In fact, I wanted to slap him. I WANTED to be mad, darn it!! I had a RIGHT to be mad!
For about 10 seconds. Then I realized that he was right. Hasn't God been caring for me all along? He knows! He knows I need to sell the thing desperately. And it's hard to sell a rig with NO tires. You know how it is.
So I don't know what I'm going to do about the tire situation. But I DO know that God knows!
And that's enough for me.

No comments: