Saturday, March 10, 2007

Where is the nearest rock?

I can NOT believe I forgot to write about this. It was hilarious for almost everyone except me...
I was looking for a rock to crawl under!
So this morning I was reading Rebekah over at Diagonally Parked and she was saying how she wished she'd had a video camera for the time when one daughter was trying to...Well, OK, go read about it for yourself. ANYWAY, it brought to mind this episode from a couple weeks ago.
Every year, our little backwater Oregon town elementary school has a carnival hosted by the PTA. It is SO fun and very cute. Each class gathers up donations for Theme Baskets and we buy $1 chances to win them. I won a Movie Night basket two years ago. DVD player, about 15 movies, tons of popcorn and a "Foul Language" filter.
Anyway, this year I took the girls down. Bought tickets for the baskets and tickets for the 1/2 a butchered pig. Bought See's candy to support the class of 2022 or something like that. And then we went around to the booths. Grab a duck out of the pond and if he has a number on his butt, you win a toy out of tub number 1. The ever-popular "fish pond" booth, where we scored some plastic sunglasses with snails on them and a rubber bracelet that said "Support our troops". We shot baskets and threw ping-pong balls at glass bowls to win (yep, you guessed it) goldfish. So we got three tickets laying around the house somewhere for "free" goldfish - tank, food, gravel, air pump and plants sold separately.

Yah.

Then we come to the booth where #3's teacher is passing out Nerf footballs. The object of the game is to throw the ball through the hula hoop suspended from the ceiling. The added incentive is that the SUPERINTENDENT of the ENTIRE school DISTRICT is squatting down behind the hoop. So IF you score, you get to bop him in the face.

My little one throws...and actually makes it once. I was surprised, but they did let her stand really close. Everyone laughed and they gave her a piece of candy.
Then it's #2's turn. She makes it twice and gets two pieces of candy.
Now comes #3...and Mr. Superintendent stands up to relieve his cramping calf-muscles right about the time

SHE THROWS WITH A DEAD AIM AND NAILS HIM RIGHT IN THE NETHER-REGIONS!

All I can say is Thank God it was a Nerf Ball. Cuz #3 is my tomboy and she can PITCH.
He just kinda went "Oooooff" and bent over.

So the teacher hands her another ball for her second throw and she winds up....
While the poor man is still bent over behind the target.

No, she didn't hit him. Mommy grabbed the ball out of her hand in mid-swing.
Then we waited until the NICE superintendent got himself composed and was once again squatting behind the target with a pained smile on his face.

Whereupon she nailed him RIGHT square in the nose.

After the super denied bus service to my oldest son because he wasn't handicapped, even though the bus going to my sons' school 8 miles away only carries THREE kids, I smiled just a little as we wandered away into the crowd.

Just a little.

About the rock?...ummm, maybe not. :D

Naughty Mommy.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Just lurking from CHBM...thanks for commenting! Yeah I also noticed from your profile you love coffee...a girl after my own heart!!

Rebekah said...

Oh My Gosh, that poor man... yes, where is a camera when you need one. Thanks for the link