Saturday, March 17, 2007

Limo-Scene Photo Friday

I am so honored that the Crazy Hip Blog Mamas site chose my photo submission for this weeks Photo Friday!
The pic and theme idea I sent was "Once in a lifetime experiences..." and attached a scene of the limo ride I got to go on this last fall.

Finally got a tax return back. It was from my (now ex-)husbands' income from 2005. I figured as how this was going to be the last $$ I was ever going to see from the children's father that I would let them choose one thing they wanted to do.
Short of going to Disneyland, that is. Because I did have to pay a few bills and catch up on the rent, you know.
The girls chose the "Build a Bear Workshop" so we did that one afternoon and went out for ice cream afterward.
The boy had been asking for a limo ride for two years...so I called around to several companies in the area. Found a wonderful older lady who would charge me $25 a head for 10 people for a 2006 Lincoln. The boy wanted to bring a couple of friends so that worked out for me and what she was quoting me was HALF the price of any of the other companies. So I said, SIGN ME UP GIRL!
I also told her that it just HAPPENED to be my 40th birthday and none of us had EVER ridden in a limo before.

THAT ANGEL FROM HEAVEN SHOWED UP ON MY DINKY LITTLE STREET OF MY DINKY LITTLE TOWN IN FRONT OF MY DINKY LITTLE MOBILE HOME IN A
2007 18-PASSENGER HUMMER LIMOSINE!!

My kids were hugging eachother and jumping up and down! I was just about as excited. There were laser lights and lightening panels inside, a "starry" ceiling and we all drank Pepsi out of champagne glasses! It was a true Once-In-A-Lifetime experience.

And if you ever need a GREAT limo company in Oregon, I've got the name of a good one! :D

2 comments:

Heather said...

I rented a Limo for my hubby and me when he returned from a tour in the desert. It was our first ride and something we will never forget. I imagine your kids will never forget this special day as well.

Rebekah said...

How Fun fun