Sunday, March 11, 2007

God wins; godlessness loses ~ P.S. 10



Erica at Butterfly Kisses is our hostess for Psalm Sunday. I was able to snag one of her gorgeous buttons finally! Her blog is beautiful...just recently redecorated! Go check it out if you have a minute.

Our passage today is Psalm 10. And, as I usually do to gain some perspective, I go to Bible Gateway and check out several different translations. While I was reading The Message, Verse 16 just jumped right out and summed up the entire chapter for me!

"...God's grace and order wins; godlessness loses."

This chapter also brings up something that I get ALOT of questions about; people ask me WHY do evil people prosper? Why do those who despise God and His ways succeed in this world? And WHY does a loving God allow that to happen?

First of all, I have to say...I don't know for sure. I have some ideas, but until we see Him face-to-face and I get to ask Him, I cannot know the reasons for some of the things that happen.

The simple truth is that we live in a sinful world and God has given us a Free Will; we get to CHOOSE to love Him. And we get to choose NOT to love Him.

Some people choose not to. And, sometimes, they choose to hurt God's children.

So I can't tell you WHY bad things happen. But I CAN tell you two things with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY.

Number one...God does not CAUSE bad things to happen. On the contrary, He promises to be right beside us when they do happen. Because they will. Because of man's sinful nature.

And number two...God wins! At the end of time, when all is said and done, those who stand with God and choose HIM, will be rewarded. Beyond more than we can ask or think. It will be incredible; Wonderful beyond comprehension.

I don't know about you, but I'm up for that. He had never broken a promise to me yet. And I don't expect He'll start now. So when He says, "Just wait, Kiddo! Your turn is coming! I'm gonna bless your socks off!" I believe Him.

Yes, I do!

No comments: