Saturday, February 10, 2007

Valentine Kids - CHBM Carnival #19


As my #4 would say...
HOPPY VAWEMTIMES' DAY!!

And it's Carnival time with my friends at Crazy Hip Blog Mamas! Our Feb 14th topic?
"Nifty Valentine ideas to make with kids"
Ok, well, I don't know how Nifty these are, but here's some ways my kids and I have celebrated this fun holiday.
  • Like they don't get enough sugar at their school party...I might bake a cake and have a red-themed dinner with cake candles and strawberry ice cream for dessert. "Red dinner" would be maybe spaghetti (red sauce), Spiced apples or strawberries or cherries for a fruit, Cranberry juice or strawberry milk. I have been known to put red coloring in corn (which went over like a LEAD BALLOON..."Ewwww, GROSS, mom!") and soak peaches or pears in red jello or red Koolaid for the occasion.
  • When we sit down to do their class valentines, I buy a couple bags of individually wrapped candies at the Dollar Store. Then we tape a treat to the back of each card. They love giving their friends this extra "gift".
  • You can also get small boxes of chocolates at Wally World or the dollar store for a buck a piece for their teachers.
  • I saw this great idea in theFamily Fun Magazine! "Buggy" valentines. You use a roll of Smarties, pipe cleaners for legs, google eyes and a piece of craft foam or construction paper for wings. Then write your message on the wings. They also have printables, game ideas, how-to videos, and cute cards to make with your kids! Awesome site and Awesome magazine!

I did want to take a minute to say thanks to Kell at CHBM's for organizing this each week. I have met some great people and enjoy checking out the other posters and the sponsors!

You Rock, Kel!

1 comment:

Mom2Amara said...

I love the idea of a red dinner! That's fabulous!