Thursday, February 01, 2007

T.T. #18 - My High School Daze!


Thirteen Things about Janean's High School Daze!


1…. I tried out for the cheerleading team my sophomore year. I was the ONLY one of the 12 girls who tried out that didn't make either the football squad, the basketball squad or both. But that's ok...God had a plan in that.
2. My mom and I had a deal so, because I didn't make the squad, I attended a Christian school for my Junior year.
3. When they raised the tuition for my senior year, I ended up going back to public school for my senior year. The public high school accepted ALL My credits from the Christian school so I ended up graduating from a public high school with a credit for studying the Life of Christ!
4. I skipped school ONE time in my High school career as a freshman.
5. I loved drama class and acted in the Spring musical every year. My senior year I got the lead in "Bye Bye Birdie". The part required me to pretend to smoke a cigarette at one point. My parents about fainted. What they didn't know was that I had been smoking for about a year by then.
6. I lost 55 lbs my senior year in high school, mainly due to my mother's vigilance and my busy schedule. So my graduation dress was a size 10! That's the smallest I have EVER been.
7. I sang at my high school graduation ceremony. Don't ask me what song...cuz I don't remember.
8. My junior year at the Christian school I got 3 days of in-house suspension for kissing a boy. I was 16 and he was 13 so I think that had something to do with it.
9. I also got detention at the Christian school for wearing red nail polish (you could only wear clear) and for chewing gum (also a no-no).
10. My grade point average when I graduated was 3.35. I was 13th out of a class of forty-five.
11. I actually flunked one class my senior year. Advanced Biology. We had to reconstruct a skeleton (I told that story here) and I didn't complete the project. Because part of the project disappeared. SO I didn't actually flunk...I got an "incomplete".
12. I adored Donny the drummer in our Pep band. At the football games, they played for the first half and he made the bleachers bounce thumpin' that bass drum. They did great "naughty" songs like "Mack, the knife", "Tequila" and "Cocaine". Jimmy on the bass guitar was pretty rockin', too.
13. I did great in English, crappy in math, HATED P.E., loved leather craft class and worked on the yearbook one year. I didn't fit in with any of the "cliques" - too geeky for the jocks, to dumb for the geeks, too straight for the stoners and too stoner for the rednecks. It was a weird time. Not much fun. But I survived!

That's a good thing. :D

Have a great week!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

SOunds like you had a great experience! COol list. we have some of the same bloggers on our links! very cool

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I was in the same boat...just didn't fit in any of the cliques and felt outta place. But I survived too. Wow am I glad HS is far behind me! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

BlondeBrony said...

Oh to be in high school again.

Happy TT!

Karianne said...

The suspension and the detention crack me up!