Tuesday, February 27, 2007

ABC's of Homemaking

Tagged AGAIN! WoooHooo! Connie at This Little Blog of Mine gave me the high five...so here I am with another fabulous Meme for your reading enjoyment!

Hee Hee.

Aprons- Y/N? - No. Aprons are for "mature" ladies. My grandmother wore an over-the-shoulder vest style one. Constantly. So I do have fond memories of aprons. But, ummm, No. I'm not that old yet.
Baking- Oh yah. Couple times a week. Otherwise my kids would have no snack food. Plus it's something we do together; the kids and me. The oldest is learning how to cook (like measuring and mixing) so sometimes I talk him into doing it while I "supervise".
Clothesline- Y/N? - Only out of necessity. Like when my drier croaked last summer. I HATE towels dried on a line. Stiff as the proverbial BOARD.
Donuts- Ever made them? - several times. THe first time was cake donuts. They were little rocks. Gag. Yeast donuts come out fairly well, especially Idaho Spudnuts. Made them for MG once and he thought he was in heaven. But they are a PAIN in the HINEY to make!
Everyday- One homemaking thing you do everyday? - Uuuuuuh, Hang on...
I'm thinking.
Really...I am. Ummmmm...
Honey? What "homemaking thing" do I do everyday?
OK, stop laughing.
That man is NO help whatsoever!
Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freezer? - YES! I got it as a gift from a family member. It is SO handy! I go to the canned food outlet and stock up on huge pans of foodservice mac and cheese or salisbury steak for like $4 apiece. I wait till hamburger is on sale for $1.99 a pound and get about 20 lb.s then freeze it in one pound packages. I wish I had more time for that kind of stuff...
Garbage Disposal- Y/N? - I WISH!! That is my most UN-favorite thing to do...stick my fingers down in the drain and fish out a wad of yuk. Gives me the willies just thinking about it.
Handbook- Y/N? - I keep them all. I even have the directions on how to replace the batteries in the "Night Night Dora the Explorer" doll my 4 year old got for Christmas.
What I NEED is for someone to find the handbook on "How to Raise Four Children Without Pulling My Hair Out."
Ironing- Only when I'm quilting or sewing. Have to press them seams, ya' know. No clothes, though. That's why God made the Clothes Drier.
Junk Drawer- Where is it? - I had one at my old house. I moved almost a year ago. The contents of the junk drawer is still in a box in the garage. Guess I didn't need all that stuff after all, huh?
Kitchen- Design and decorating? - Are you kidding? I'm happy if the dirty dishes aren't overflowing the sink and the counters aren't too crunchy. Mismatched dishes from three different sets. Mugs from about 4 kids' school projects, church and work. Handtowels in 10 different styles and designs. A black dishwasher, white fridge and almond stove. Wallpaper and flooring are what the original owner of that 1990 mobile home picked from the factory.
Which DEFINITELY would not have been MY first choices.
I'm just saying...
Love- What is your favorite part of homemaking? - Baking. Definitely. I love the creativity, time with my kids and trying new things to see how they turn out. We did some low-carb cookies last week that were positively GAGGY.
Mop - Y/N? - Only when I have to. MG usually takes care of that.
Nylons- Wash by hand or in the washer? - Don't have to wash them. If I wear them, they get a run in them. It NEVER fails. Every time. Serious.
Oven- Do you use the window or open it to check? - Open it. The window is too dirty to see through. :D
Pizza- What do you put on yours? - My absolute favorite is Taco pizza; beans, corn chips, cheese, chilies, lettuce, sour cream. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...I think I'm hungry now!
Quiet- What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? - If I sit down for longer than three minutes, I fall asleep, quiet or not. And my house is NEVER quiet! There is always a TV on somewhere. If I happen to be alone for a minute, I pray.
Recipe card box- Y/N? - NO way. Little cards everywhere.
Style of house - Early American Trailer park.
Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N? - Only on Thanksgiving or other holiday. Otherwise, it's a plastic tablecover and paper towels.
Under the kitchen sink - Dishwasher soap, garbage can, misc. cleaning products.
Vacuum- How many times a week? - Once a week. But I should do more.
Wash- How many loads do you do a week? - about 6 - 8. I've tried to get other people to do it...without success. But I guess if they are going to take care of the kitchen, I can handle the laundry.
X's- Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? - No, I do them when they HAVE to be done. Like if something is REALLY yucky...or if my Mom is coming to visit.
Yard- Who does what? - I do it when it begins to resemble a jungle. My kids pick up their toys and bikes, but none of them are old enough or co-ordinated enough to trust with a lawnmower.
ZZZ's- What is your last homemaking task for the day? - Before I go to bed, I check the kids, make sure their TV's and lights are off. I turn off the lights and lock the door.
And make sure the counters are wiped so the stupid ANTS don't come visit. Arrgh!

I tag you...whoever wants to do this one. It's kinda long...and I don't know who's done it and who hasn't. So have fun!

No comments: