Thursday, January 18, 2007

TT 16 - My vehicle history

**Header courtesy of Kelly at Diary of the Nello ~ from the T.T. Site Header Graphics page.

Rebekah over at Diagonally Parked did a post on cars she has owned. And she JUST happened to have 13...Which got me to thinking. So I asked her if I could snitch her idea and she agreed. Guess what? I've got about 13 vehicles, too. What kind of a coincidence is that?
I learned ot drive in a friends' Baby blue Dodge Power Wagon, but I didn't count that one. Cuz it wasn't mine, ya' know!
1) 1969 Chrysler New Yorker. Also fondly dubbed "The Titanic"...cuz it was as BIG as the Titanic. It also had barely any brakes and NO reverse. Got stuck one time and had to ask the football team to push the boat backwards so I could turn around. Ack!
2) With my High School Graduation money, I bought a 1976 Ford Gran Torino. Had to sit on a pillow so I could see out the window (Me, too, Rebekah!) but the 351 Cleveland in that rig had me airborne quite a few times. Of course, gas was WAY cheaper in 1985!
3) Black Bobcat...I think Dodge makes it. I bought it in the dark. NEVER buy a black car in the dark on the coast of Oregon. The next day, I realized I could see the pavement passing by under my feet as I drove. And when I hit the dimmer switch? WELL, it went through and rubbed on the tire. Yah. I got taken. Big time.
4) 1981 Mercury Zephyr Z7. Very cool car! I was mad at a boyfriend and driving too fast in the corners. Hit a spot of silage (rotten distilled corn fed to cows that leaks out of the semi trucks) and did a 360. Then rolled into the swamp. In the rain. I was ok...really.
5) Green 1980 Mustang. LOVED, LOVED that car! Burned up the clutch and cracked the block when the engine overheated. SOooo I ended up with...
6) 1972 baby poop green Ford Maverick. Ewwww!
7) 1970 Ford Ranchero. This one was actually meant to be my husband's "project car". He was going to fix it up - till I got t-boned. And I was 8 months pregnant with my first. OH, boy, was he mad!
8) Red 1982 Ford Granada. This one was taken out by a 3 point buck deer at 60 mph at 3am.
9) 1989 Green Mercury Marquis. Tranny went out after 4 months. Arrgh.
10) Blue ford Tempo. Actually had this one for awhile! Till the back seat got filled up with kids and we had to upgrade.
11) Blue Ford Aerostar Van. I was so excited to get this rig, I actually took pictures and made a scrapbook page for our family album of JUST the van. It wore out.
12) My favorite rig of ALL TIME - 1990 4X4 Chev Suburban. Two Tone blue. She's up for sale now. I can't afford the gas...
13) Now...Hot red 1990 Ford Taurus SHO. Too fast for my own good. Gotten a couple of tickets already. Oooops. Like I can afford those! NOT.

2 comments:

Karianne said...

We are at your #10 right now. I've owned my car for 10 years, but it won't make it through any more kids.

Rebekah said...

I had to laugh at my sisters comment. She is 10 years older than me and has only had 4 cars. How can that be??? LOL