Sunday, January 21, 2007

Psalm 2 ~ Psalm Sunday

Wow, I am SO tired this morning. It feels like I just can't wake up! And I thought, "Oh, I'll just skip the Psalm thing this morning."

But I'm OH SO glad I didn't "skip it"!

As I read the passage on Bible Gateway in several different translations, I felt from the Psalmist a tentativeness. (Is that a word?) It almost sounded to me as if he were trying to talk himself into Faith. I don't know about you, but I have found sometimes it helps to speak out loud the faith you wish you had in your heart. When I have felt weak inside, frightened of the future and heartbroken over the past, I find strength in the speaking...(4)"To the Lord, I cry aloud and He answers me...(6)"I will not fear"...(8)"From the LORD comes deliverance!"

So many times since my Ex was arrested, I have been frightened out of my mind. Lying alone in bed for the first time in 17 years with four small children in the dark house who are now depending on me. Enemies (bill collectors, illness, the reality of his crime, public opinion) have seemed to come at us "from every side". And it is true, God has rescued us. He has brought us through it all.

What is hard is when people look at me and say, "Wow, good JOB! Look what you have done. You're amazing, way to go!"

OH NO! No, no, no, no! Friends it was NOT me!! I messed up SO BAD. You don't KNOW the horrible stuff I have done. No, it was GOD. It is only by HIS grace that my children have survived the last two years. It is only by HIS grace that we have a roof over our heads and provisions.
It is only by His Grace that I am alive.


Praise His Name!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you were able to take part and that you were blessed. He truly is our shield, isn't he???
I forgot to put it in my post, but next week is Psalm 4. This is the Psalm that really convicted me a month or so ago when I read it and was the reason behind starting up Psalm Sunday...because I wanted to share in my blog what spoke to me and then I thought, hmmm..may make a great meme! Anyway, thanks for posting this week. And praise God for all he's done for you and your family!!

Lori said...

I always tell people, if you see any good in me...IT IS ALL HIM. Because if I left things up to me I would be in a royal mess!! I have proved that a time or two when I was off track.

Blessings.

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing, so glad that God has been with your family, watching over you.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful testimony of God's grace!