Friday, January 05, 2007

Biology according to my children


I like biology. Always excelled in biology classes in high school. Even took advanced biology. Was planning on going to college to be a Marine Biologist.


But my kids gave me some lessons in biology this morning on the way to school. Maybe they just seemed odd-slash-funny because it's morning...and ya'll know how I am about mornings.


#4 - "Mom, I looked at Alyssa yesterday and you know what? Her eyes were blue! So I told her 'Drink some milk and your eyes will go back to normal'. "

"Really?"

"Yah! Didn't you know that?"


Normal must be brown cuz that's what color all my kids eyes are. However, mine are blue. Does that mean I'm not normal. OH NO! They've discovered my secret! :D


#1 this time - "Mom, I have three mutations.

"Oh. My." Do I wanna hear this?

"Yep! Number one, I can only breathe out of one nostril at a time but the good news is that I have an extra-sensitive sense of smell."

"Ummm, wow. I guess."

Yah! Then number two is that did you know if I keep this eye closed for awhile then open it up I can only see blue out of that eye and red out of the other one?

"Interesting!"

The third one is that I have selective hearing."

"No KIDDING! And my voice is one of the things you CAN'T hear! Finally, NOW I know what the problem is!"

"Muuuutheeer!"

WELL!


#4 again - "Do Chinchilla's bite?"

"Sometimes, I guess."

Well, I want to have a Chinchilla when I grow up."

"That's fine sweety." It is morning, after all. I can't get too excited here.

"Yah! And you know what? Hamsters evolve into Chinchillas! And Chincillas marry hamsters, too.

"WHERE did you learn THAT?!?!" **Big smile from the back seat**

Is this child only FOUR? Where did she learn the word "Chinchilla"? And the concept of Evolving? I think I've got three words to describe this....Too. Much. Television!


You know what, I must have missed that semester about chinchillas and eye color and all that stuff. Then again, maybe it's just because it's a morning.


Because I don't do mornings.


Just in case I forgot to tell you.


Then again, I may have misunderstood because I'm just half asleep that way. Like this phrase I also heard this morning.


"Mom, when I fart, my leg swells up."


"WHAT?!?!"


"I SAID, I want to be a fireman when I grow up!"


Oh!


Okay.

I'm cleaning out my ears when I get home.

Or maybe I'll just go back to bed.


**GRIN**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have gotten some sleep. VEry funny post though.

Rebekah said...

Very funny. I think you should go back to bed :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!
Lizzie
A Dusty Frame