Thursday, December 07, 2006

T.T. #10 - Why I love Oregon!


Why I love Northwest Oregon!



1) It's green. I mean REALLY green. All the time. That's why they call them EVERgreen trees.


2) No poisonous spiders/snakes/scorpions. THIS one is a BIG draw for me!


3) 90% of my family is within one hour driving distance.


4) We get a teeny bit of snow about once a year. Nothing major.


5) The weather is fairly mild. Freezes some in the winter, Maybe one or two days over 100 in the summer. But other than that, we stay pretty comfy.


6) We've got a coffee places in every town...sometimes two.


7) I grew up here...I'm addicted.


8) The Pacific Ocean.




10) U of O Ducks, OSU Beavers, Linfield Wildcats, Tillamook Cheesemakers...We have some FUNKY team mascots around here.


11) Mountains. We've got 'em. Real ones.


Mount Hood...





Mount Jefferson...



***Oops. Forgot this in the original post. Hope no one was offended. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
Mount Jefferson North Face, viewed from Park Ridge on Aug 15, 1985 . Photo by Steve Shivers. All rights reserved.

And the Three Sisters...just to name a few.




12) I like guys dressed in camo, hickory shirts and/or Georgia boots.


13) I know how to say "Oregon" like a native. That would be "Orygun". Just so ya' know.


Like you care.


Oregon is Unique in SO many ways.



Like this...Our "State Insect" the swallowtail Moth.


More than you ever wanted to know about my home state.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello.

From what direction or point did you take that picture of Mt. Jefferson? Also can you tell me the name(s) of the two bodies of water in the picture.

I am a hiker who loves the Mt. Jefferson Wilderness.

Thank you,

Steve

Janean said...

"Mount Jefferson North Face, viewed from Park Ridge on Aug 15, 1985 . Photo by Steve Shivers. All rights reserved."

Found the photo on a Google search and didn't read the fine print underneath. So added this to my post. Hope that helps.