Sunday, December 24, 2006

I am SUCH a ding-dong!

Here I was, all torqued out of shape because I couldn't find just that thing my four year old wanted. Settled for something else. Felt guilt.

I forgot the number one rule of parenthood.

If said gift recipient is under the age of 5, 90% of the time, they will find the box a more attractive plaything that what you actually got for them.

She spent most of the afternoon playing with a little red rubber ball that decorated one of her packages.

Why did I even bother? **Sigh**

It's ok, though. At least she was happy as a little clam at high tide!!

The others were, too. We had our Celebration early cuz mommy has to work. So other than stockings, our holiday is pretty much over.
It was good. Really.

Here's hoping your Holiday is full of Peace and Joy.

1 comment:

Fiddledeedee said...

And the #2 rule is that by next week, they probably won't remember what they got. We didn't even bother with getting the 21 month old anything. We knew he would only play with his sisters' new toys anyway. Sigh. Next year, he'll be into the boxes that his toys came in.

Merry Christmas and God bless you!