Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ya' gotta do it!

Being thankful comes easy for me. Mainly because I have come SO close to losing it all. That kinda makes you thankful for every little thing.
Kinda redundant, but I have to express some gratitude here.

I want to thank MG for all he does to keep me sane and make me feel loved. It is so nice to have someone you can trust, someone you can talk to, someone who is willing to love the four kidlets as much as he loves me.
I want to thank my children for showing me the "Oooo Wow" in life, for all the hugs and the giggles and for helping me to see what is important and what's not.
I want to thank my church family for all the prayers, financial support and emotional support they have extended the last two years. God used you.
My family's uncondiitonal love is an amazing gift. I always know I am loved.
My old girlfriends...T, T.G., Mol, Sam, Liz, Jen and Jen. My new girlfriends...Heather, Heather, Karla, Connie, Janene and the rest of you I am getting to know. I appreciate you more than you know.
I am thankful for My God who loves and cares for me no matter how badly I hurt Him.
I am SO grateful that my life is settling down. I'm getting caught up. Things aren't so desperate anymore.

Here's a link to a post I did on what my family does for holiday. http://douglassmom.blogspot.com/2006/09/family-gatherings.html

Dwindling again this year, we are down to 13 (including children). Two years ago, we had almost 40 for Thanksgiving dinner. But I think it will be good. And I am looking forward to a peaceful day of wallowing in the love of my family and the love of Christ.

Please keep MG in your prayers. It is his first "all family" meal. It is very important to him for my family to like him. Isn't that just incredible?

My best Thanksgiving wishes to you and those you love. Pleeeaaase travel with care!

No comments: