Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Who's the biggest sinner?

Inspired by Cris at Sting My Heart - http://www.eph2810.com/?p=402

“The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” ~ 1 Timothy 1:15-17 (ESV)

Ummm, No, Mr. Paul...I think I have to disagree with you there. I think I am the foremost Sinner. I have done things that would shock your socks off!

But, WOW, do I love that next part! "That in me, as the biggest sinner ever, Jesus can display His perfect patience as an example to unbelievers".
In other words, He can use MY SIN and how He deals with my sin (by patiently loving me anyway) to show others that are seeking just how awful you can be and still be His Child. That His unconditional love and mercy are right there...FREE GIFT...your's just for the taking.

How VERY cool!!

Don't get me wrong...This doesn't give me a "license to sin"! Why would I WANT to hurt someone who loves me like He does? It breaks His heart when I destroy my life with wrong thoughts and actions. But I do it. On a regular basis. I make mistakes cuz I'm only human.
But to know that He can turn it into something good alleviates the guilt a little. I am willing to share how horrible I have been so that others can see it and say "Hey, if God can love HER, He can definitely love me!"

Does that mean I serve as a "bad example"?

You know what? That's OK! To GOD be the glory for rescuing me, for redeeming me, for covering me in the blood of Jesus. When I say "I am SO sorry, Father. PLEASE forgive me!" He is RIGHT there to love me up!

To the Amazing and Awesome King of All be the glory and honor forever and ever and ever!

WeeeeHawww!

No comments: