Thursday, November 30, 2006

T.T #9 - Depressing

For some reason, Blogger isn't working real well this morning, but I want to get my Thursday Thirteen up at the last second. :D Hope I make it.

So here's my depressing 13 crummy things that happened this week.

Don't faint.





1) My sewing machine DIED! WAaaaah! I've used it since I was 12 and I have a SERIOUS emotional attachment to the thing. I am frantically trying to get some Christmas gifts done. The repair man will contact me the first part of the week. He said if it needs parts, I'm outta luck. No one makes them any more. **Sniff, sniff**
The up side is that I could get a new sewing machine. Maybe. Someday if I find money. :D

2) Started out the week with VERY ill kids. We won't go into the gory details, but when I'd RATHER go to work...you know it had to be BAD. Yuk.
The up side is that they are all well now.

3) MG and I got into our first major fight this week. It was showing all the signs of becoming a real humdinger. But we were able to shut it down in time.
The up side is that we learned alot from it and had some great communication time.

4) MG and #1 son found a new game they like. I don't like. I can't explain why. I've heard so many bad things about this game sucking hours of peoples' lives away. Guess I'm just gunshy after some of the things that have happened in my past.
The up side is that MG realizes how paranoid I am about it and he's trying not to overdo.

5) Flunked a test I needed to take to qualify for a higher position. By two questions. So I don't get the job. Which paid more. But I should have flunked. The ones I DID get right, I guessed or figured it out, I didn't KNOW the program like I should have.
The up side is that I can learn it and try again later for another job. It isn't what God had in store for me anyway.

6) Boss quit. She was a great one! Been here forever. Gonna miss her.
The upside is that she left for a MUCH better job and she's gonna be SO much happier.

7) Holiday work schedule came out. My kids were distraught to find out I have to work Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year's Eve. MG was bummed to find out I have to change his doctor's appointment AGAIN because I have to work an extra day.
The upside is that I get one day off in the middle of the month to go to their Holiday program at school.

8) Was leaving yesterday for a Christmas Bazaar day with my aunties and mother when MG calls and says "Ummmmm, did you forget you had an appointment with #4's teacher? She's was here!" I was about 10 minutes away. She had already left. I felt MAJOR guilt, because she really prepares for these meetings with activities and paperwork. I blew it.
The upside was that I had a good day anyway.

9) At lunch yesterday, I told my female relatives about what I want to do with my life. My mother rolled her eyes and said "Oh BROTHER!" That hurt.
The upside was that my aunties were very encouraging and asked lots of intelligent questions. I appreciated that. I understand that not everyone will agree with my choice of vocation.

10) My #4 told me she hated me last night. I know she was just mad. But I don't like having to go explain to her WHY she can't say things like that. "You can tell me you are angry at me, but we don't hurt other's feelings like that."
The upside is that I know she doesn't REALLY hate me. At least not until she adds about 10 more years. I've told all my kids that I hope they still feel the same way about me in 10 years as they do now.

11) Started a big cleaning job in my girls' room and I just can't see the end of it. I don't know how to get my brain around sorting all that crap. Alot of it will GO. Like the FP Little People stuff. And about 100 stuffed toys that have been given to them that they never play with. The first morning I worked on it, I removed 4 loads of laundry and 5 paper grocery bags of garbage from their room. And I'm ONLY about HALF done. I haven't even LOOKED under the beds yet. Please don't ask me how it got that bad. I don't know.
The upside is that I'm half done.

12) Had an interview for a county job Tuesday. SCARY thing. Inquisition style "Panel" of judges. Might as well have been a spotlight on me. Really uncomfortable. I think I blew it. But then I don't have a whole lot of confidence when it comes to that kind of stuff.
The upside is that if I make it into the next round (background checks, secondary interviews) I'll KNOW without a SHADOW of a doubt that it was GOD!

13) I love Christmas, don't get me wrong. But the more I think about trying to get my kids what they want for Christmas, the more stressed I get. I just want to sit down and CRY! I want them to be happy. I know I can't get them EVERYTHING they want, but it is really stressing me out trying to decide what will fit into my budget. I hate the looks of disappointment on their faces. I know this is wrong thinking...but I'm having a hard time anyway.
The upside is...ummm...I don't know. Give me an upside to this one!

Sorry this is so late. Due to the "Game" at home and my Bazaar trip, I'm not getting alot of home computer time. Had to wait till I got back to work.
Hope you all have a wonderful week.
** Gorgeous header photo courtesy of Chaotic Mom! Check out her stuff!**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You had some emotional moments this week. I hope things get better...

Megan said...

I feel your sewing machine pain. I had a super nice one that I got in high school and it died on me while I was in the middle of an enormous sewing project I was doing for someone else. They paid me $600 for the work and my new machine was $800, so I guess all in all, I came out okay, great new machine for $200 (plus a LOT of work!) But still... I had other plans for that money...