Saturday, November 25, 2006

Just wanna Shake 'em!

Hi, Friends.
I was just over at To Reflect His Glory checking in with Karla and her latest post really struck a chord with me.
http://reflecthisglory.blogspot.com/2006/11/okay-so-now-im-ticked.html

My dear Mommy has a challenge as well...but kind of in a different vein. It's been going on for so many years it's hard to know where to start. And I don't want to make her uncomfortable by writing too much about her. But if anyone who reads what I write would have an idea that could help her...Even if you would simply add her to your prayer list, I would appreciate it.

She has had headaches for about 6 years now.
Discovered a "misshappen" ventricle surrounding one half of her brain. Hydrocephalus. Shunt placed. Some relief...not much.
So she had it revised. Within 30 days, she was unable to get out of bed. Horrible pain. The "doctor" (and I use the term loosely) told me it was because she was FAT! Needless to say, I have copies of all her records from his office in case I want to get rich some day.

ANYWAY, the revision is infected. 30 days in an ICU plus more in the hospital. Switched the shunt again. Still hurts! Some days worse than others.

Gastric bypass operation. Lost about 200 lb.s. So she's not fat anymore...and her head STILL hurts. I'd LOVE to go find that "doctor" and give him a piece of my mind. If I had any to spare...that is. :D
Still headaches. Tons of medications. CT's. MRI's. Psych evals (Oh, Mrs. L. You're imagining the pain!)

It's shunt-related.
No, it's not.
It's a pinched nerve in your neck.
No, it's not.

They have even called my sweet mother a DRUG SEEKER, for Pete's SAKE! Several times!

My mommy has PAIN. EVERY DAY!! Sometimes I get frantic. I know I should trust God to handle it. That He has a plan.

But I want to scream and shake the doctors "PLEASE DO SOMETHING!! Make it stop!" Why don't they keep trying? We don't know where to turn; what test to ask for.

Because when her headaches are bad, she can't stand to have my kids around because of the noise. The drugs they give her make her short-tempered. She blurts things out that hurt people's feelings and then she is SO sorry later on that she cries.
Some days, she is so depressed. Just doesn't want to go on because every day is just more pain. Her faith in Christ and His perfect will is the only thing that has brought her this far.

She has just given up; accepted her reality that she will always have a headache. Some days are worse than others. She had to miss my cousin's wedding last month because it was a "Bad" day.
I just don't understand WHY she has to live like this.

Chronic pain is undescribable.
Please keep her in your prayers.

I want my Mom back; She wants her life back.

1 comment:

Chaotic Mom said...

Hey, I am totally praying for your mom AND you. I can't even imagine what y'all are going through.

BTW, you're a caffeine addict, TOO? Yeah! And I LOVE your profile pic. I had a 250 enduro in high school, my brother trashed it. My hubby bought me a 600 (?) enduro about 5 years ago, but we finally sold it. SOMEDAY, when the boys are bigger... ;)