Sunday, October 22, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!

Happy Birthday to Me!
I'm finally Four-tee!
I don't care who knows...
I'm proud to be ME!
**sing to the tune of Happy Birthday**

Yes, Ya'll, today's the day!! 40 years ago today my fantastic, awesome mother pushed me out into the world. The first time she'd ever done it, as I'm her oldest. And I guess I was like 2 1/2 weeks late. Now that I've had four, I can totally sympathize!

Today I am going to have fun. I'm going to be happy. My family and some of my son's friends are going to have a huge stretch limo pull up in front of our little country house at 3pm! I've never ridden in a limo before...so here's another "first".
The limosine is going to take us to a buffet lunch and to an arcade/playcenter so the kids can have some fun for a little while. Then home. Where I will probably be REALLY ready for bed, as I have to get up to go to work at 4am on weekends.

But I will be with my kids and MG and will probably see my folks today, too. That's what it's all about...being with those people I love. I'm gonna relax; nothing is going to get to me today. Life is good and I'm gonna take time today to celebrate it!

And I'm going to take time to be thankful.
  • To thank those around me who make such a difference in my life.
  • To thank those in the world that I run across who may feel unappreciated.
  • To thank my parents for bringing me into this life.
  • To thank my kids for putting up with me.
  • To thank MG for being my best friend, holding me when I cry, tickling me till I laugh, caring for my kids as much as he cares for me and for loving me when I never thought he would.
  • To thank my fellow bloggers for sharing. You all make me smile, you make me think, you save me from death-by-boredom. :D
  • And last, but not least, I want to take today to tell my God Thanks...that I have survived the last year. It was tough and I made some really crappy choices, but He was there; He was faithful even when I was not.

Maybe I'll have some pictures soon of the limo. I'll try anyway! :D

You all have a good day, too. Even if it isn't your birthday. Even if it isn't even a particularly good day for you. Thank YOU for coming over and reading my blog!

No comments: