Sunday, August 27, 2006

This Day in History...

GOOOD morning, Ladies and Germs!
Saw this done this morning while I was spending some time in "light reading" on my fav LAWDOG blog site. He suggested going to
www.wikipedia.com and entering your birthday as a search, then listing 3 facts, 2 births and one death that happened on that day in history.

Well, I did it and WOW! I never realized so much stuff happened on MY birthday. I'll pick the three I found most interesting and share them with you here. If you want to email me and share back, that's cool! If not...well, have a good day anyway! :D 'Sup to you.

EVENTS:
1836 - Sam Houston is inaugurated as the first President of the Republic of Texas.
1957 - Vietnam War: First United States casualties in Vietnam.
1966 - The Supremes become the first all-female music group to attain a No. 1 selling album (The Supremes A' Go-Go).


BIRTHS:
1903 - Curly Howard, American actor and comedian, member of the Three Stooges (d. 1952)
1942 - Annette Funicello, American actress

DEATH:
2000 - Rodney Anoai (Yokozuna), American professional wrestler (b. 1966) **This one was a little scary. Mr. Anoai was the same age as I am; he died of a heart attack attributed to his severe obesity. Here's where I say "There, but for the awesome Grace of God, go I!"


Another couple of bits of interesting trivia...my birthday is also Internet users CAPS LOCK day and Anti-police Brutality Day. Hmmmm, whatever!

***DISCLAIMER*** if you choose to do repost this activity, be advised that any schmuck with half a brain can figure out when your birthday is. So if you have issues about internet safety, think twice.***

No comments: