Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pollyanna

I was just talking to a friend and realized how much I sounded like PollyAnna from the old Disney movie! She has been going through some rough stuff and I kept saying "Look at the future; how happy you will be if you can just ride this out!"
Sometimes it's hard to see past the pain of today and right now. The ouch is just SO stinking HUGE that you can't see around it. That's when you have to stumble ahead blind with faith. And if you're blessed, you have a good friend or two to walk it with you holding your hand.
But even if you don't have anyone right there with you that you can SEE, part of having FAITH is knowing that Someone has only your best at heart. He knows how bad you hurt; He's sent a Comforter and His Angels to keep charge over you. How VERY cool is that???!!
I know there have been days when I didn't know how I was going to survive; I know there have been days when I wasn't sure I WANTED to survive. But I do know this; Things ALWAYS look better in about 24 - 48 hours. Maybe not HUGELY better; maybe just a little better...but better!
So I think that looking up is a good thing; looking for the end of the rainbow is good; looking ahead into the sunrise is a good thing. Do your level best to find the positive in every situation. You never know what God has in store for you...

No comments: