Next thing you know, I will actually be back to submitting Kids' Corner Saturdays over at Crazy Hip Blog Mamas. I've been slackin', ya' know.
ANYWAY, on to the Thirteen...
13 THINGS REQUIRED FOR EMT STUDENTS
and, according to the instructor, these are NOT optional.
I have to have them by next Tuesday.
1) Stylin' blue shirt....
2) Black pants. They don't HAVE to be EMT pants with all the cool little pockets, but we'll see...3) Then, of course, you have to have a belt to hold UP the black pants.
4) And the black shoes to go with the black pants.
5) The logical progression would mean black SOCKS. Cuz I don't wanna look like a geek, ya'll. Which I will anyway. Cuz you have to TUCK in the Shirt...AND I just happen to have this HUGE belly flap left over from weighing 400+ lb.s. What am I gonna do with THAT? Roll it up? Maybe number 14 should be a GIRDLE!6) Gotta have the school patch. OK, this one actually IS optional.
7) and the STATE patch.8) Books...Which I have, thank goodness! Well, most of them anyway.
9) Criminal background check.
10) Oregon / National Practical testing fee...
11) National registry WRITTEN testing fee.
12) Current CPR card (they give us that class the first Saturday in October, so I'll be okay with that. My old one just expired on the 15th of this month.)
the THIRTEENTH THING an EMT student needs...
13) S H O T S !
better known as immunizations. Not like I'm not USED to shots. Heck, I give myself a huge B12 shot with a 3 1/2 inch needle once a month. But do I enjoy them?
No way, MAN! I'll probably at LEAST need a tetanus booster. Heaven only knows what else. I'm sure they'll let me know!
And all this so my homebirth clients will feel confident in my skills as a midwife. Sheesh!