Tuesday, June 05, 2007

FRUITY Goodness

FRUIT is the subject of the day for the Recipe Rally at CHBM's!

I must admit I don't get alot of ripe fruit. And when I do, I preserve it! Pears, Peaches, Apples go into sauce and Apple butter. Blueberries go in the freezer and so do plums.

So I hope you don't mind that my "fruity" recipe is Ambrosia. You've probably seen about 43 different versions of this. Here we go...


Can of fruit cocktail (drain and discard juice)
can of pineapple tidbits (SAVE the juice! Cut up a banana and an apple into bite sized pieces and dip it into the pineapple juice to keep it from getting brown.)
can of mandarin oranges (drain and discard juice)
One sliced banana, treated as above with pineapple juice.
One medium apple, cut up and treated as above with pineapple juice.
3 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tub Kool Whip
1 cup coconut

I didn't give a size on the cans, because you just add to taste. Most of the time I use a BIG can of fruit cocktail and smaller ones on the other fruits. It's all up to you. Open a bunch of cans, drain 'em and dump 'em in a bowl. YUMMY!

SEE? I'm the real gourmet cook here, huh? LOL

No comments: