Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ham and Potatoes Au Gratin

I am SO late for Recipe Rally Tuesday over at Crazy Hip Blog Mamas, but I had to write and contribute my favorite potato recipe.

Mainly because it's one of my FAV foods ever!

This recipe comes from Louise, a friend of mine, and was included in my church's cookbook. I have decided to make it a rule for the rest of my life to always buy Church Cookbooks whenever I see them for sale. Because Church LOL's (Little Old Ladies) are the BEST cooks!

Anyway, here it is...

Presenting...

Ham and Potatoes Au Gratin

3 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed. (3 cups)
1/2 lb. cooked ham, diced. (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 TBSP butter or margarine
2 TBSP flour
dash of pepper
1 tsp salt
1 cup of milk
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded or cut up in little pieces so it melts easily.
1/4 cup mayonaise

Combine Potatoes and ham in a large bowl. Prepare a 2 qt casserole by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a nonstick saucepan, cook onion and green pepper in butter until tender (till onion begins to become translucent). Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook for one minute over medium heat. Add milk all at once; cook and stir until milk begins to steam. Reduce heat; add cheese and mayonaise. Stir until cheese melts. Pour sauce over potatoes and ham in the bowl and fold well to coat.
Turn the mixture into the prepared casserole and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Hungry now, are ya'??? :D

No comments: