Thursday, December 14, 2006

T.T. #11 - In honor of my mommy friends...

Thirteen things my kids do that bug the crud out of me...

Which is kind of a good thing because today there's LOTS of crud hanging out in here.

**disclaimer...don't read this if you are eating or have a weak stomach.

1) Say "Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma"...I say "WHAT?!?!" "nothin'. I forgot." Aaaarrgh.

2) Boogers...need I say more?

3) Clothes so thick on the bedroom floor that one cannot see what color the carpet is.

4) Relating embarrassing stories in the most compromising places. #3 was home to go to her counselor's for an appointment. MG and I were roughhousing and he slid his hand down the back of my jeans threatening to give me a wedgie. So #3 goes to the counselor and tells her "Yah, MG had his hand in my mother's underwear!" OH WOW. You should have seen her eyebrows merge with her hairline!

I'm still not sure she believes me.

5) Attitudes - huffing and eye-rolling when you ask them to do something.

6) Taking about 6 bites out of an apple...then leaving it somewhere for me to find next week.

7) Sheer volume. #3 has one noise level...ULTRA LOUD. Been that way since she was born. One time, ex hubby couldn't stand it anymore and he got out of the van on a back country road 40 miles from home and said he was going to walk. In the rain. I gave him one warning "I'm not coming back to get you!"
Then I drove away. My uncle is a mail carrier...he stopped to pick him up and brought him home. He apologized.

8) They feel the need to use the potty EVERY WHERE we go...no matter how GROSS it is.

9) Whining through the nose. #2 usually accompanies the whine with a dropping to the floor and throwing her head back. Ummmmm...Yah. Extreme self control needed not to murder her whenever she does it. It just pushes my button bigtime!

10) When someone knocks on the door, the stampede scares away all but the bravest visitors. They ALL feel they need to see who it is.
Like whoever gets there first might LIE or something.
I don't know.

11) #4 HAS to open the front door whenever we get home. As soon as the car is thrown into park, the whining and fussing starts. She sits in the middle of the back seat in a booster, so as everyone is getting out, she is starting to freak...louder and louder. Don't know quite how to fix this; Should I LET her do it, or tell her no from now on. It's been going on for months. Her one little bit of control in life, I guess.

12) Bringing up their dad. Not every day, but at least twice a week. I know WHY they do it. But it doesn't make it any easier on our hearts.

13) Attempting to wear shorts, muscle shirts or tank tops in DECEMBER to school. I have patiently explained the concept of the State office to Children and Families' view on dressing your children appropriately. I don't think it helped much. They still try it.

Maybe they just like to watch my eyes bugg out and see the veins in my forehead bulge.

If you wanna see more Thursday Thirteens and/or start doing some yourself, check out www.thursdaythirteen.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have kids but the nieces and nephews are a trip. My (14yo)niece posted a wishlist for Christmas with items from Ugg, Coach, and Victoria Secrets. Makes me crazy just thinking about it.

Happy TT

Amy said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one who had a tough day with kiddo(s).

K said...

Kids are funny! A great list!

Karianne said...

My kids were insane yesterday! I can totally relate to the volume as well, except their dad is just as bad. When they are all out of the house, I just enjoy the quiet

Unknown said...

I love to read stories like this. It will be a long wait until we get our daughter from China, but I love to hear stories from other people

Rebekah said...

Funny how kids seem to be universal