Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #7

Cuz I can't think of any "themes"...
Thirteen random things about my family and me.

1) My dad served in the Air Force. Early 60's, stationed in Florida. Wasn't that the Cuban Missile Crisis?

2) My mother went to college to be a home economics teacher. She quit, married my dad and has been teaching home economics to four girls ever since.
3) I have three younger sisters. I can't say "little" sisters, cuz one of them is six foot two and another one is the same height as me (5' 11).

4) I have 10 neices and nephews. One sister has 7, one has 3 and one has 0.

5) The one with 0 kids has two cats who are neice-kitty and nephew-kitty.

6) I have three aunts. One of them is my mother's twin. Everytime I got pregnant, I lived in terror until the first ultrasound! Oh THANK YOU GOD, I was never chosen for that "blessing".

7) Only one uncle. He's a sweetheart. And a mailman.

8) Parents have been married for 42 + years. I know because they got married two years before they had me.

9) They traded me for a corvette. Test drove it for a week then took it back, deciding they wanted kids instead. At least I know I'm worth a 1965 Corvette.

10) My family has built wooden boats for three generations. I'm hoping to learn the trade and be able to pass it on to my children.

11) Baptists. Yep. For four generations, that I know of. Same little church. Maybe 30 members. Attended there before I was even born.

12) I enjoy gospel music. Four part harmony (The Florida Boys, Gaithers) Yah, that kind. I'm usually the only one there that doesn't have grey hair, but I love it anyway. Especially those deeeeep basses that you can feel in the pit of your stomach. My parents, aunts and uncle love it, too. We sing at holiday family gatherings.

13) Even though my family often does not approve of my life choices, I KNOW always that they love me...no matter what! We gave a great history of unconditional love and I am grateful for that every day.

So now you know a little more about me and how I grew up.
Leave me a comment and a link to your T.T. so I can say HI! :D
Have a great week.

1 comment:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful family. You are blessed! Also, sounds like you are very tall. I wish I were tall. I'm average 5'4".